dimanche 6 novembre 2022

Experience: I make prosthetic arms with Lego

Experience: I make prosthetic arms with Lego

I tested one by hitting it against a wall – the wall took the damage

I was born with Poland syndrome, a disease that prevented the formation of my right arm and pectoral muscles. I was bullied at school. People said things like, “It’s not your fault that you were born like this, it’s your mother’s fault.” Or asked me to catch a ball with my right hand. Stupid comments that wouldn’t affect me now, but back then they struck very hard.

I would play with Lego a lot as a child. I got my first kit when I was five. My parents realised it was a great way to improve my dexterity. I just kept going, building planes and cars. I even built a guitar.

Continue reading...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

On ‘Hard Fork,’ a Hard Look at the Future of Technology

On ‘Hard Fork,’ a Hard Look at the Future of Technology Kevin Roose and Casey Newton reflect on the success of their podcast and look toward...