lundi 27 février 2023

How ChatGPT mangled the language of heaven | Letter

How ChatGPT mangled the language of heaven | Letter

Asked to generate a story from an English translation of a letter in Welsh published in the Guardian, the AI chatbot came up with a lot of twaddle, reports Fiona Collins

Ian Watson (Letters, 17 February) asks for a translation of my letter in Welsh (13 February). I did include an English translation in my letter, but only the Welsh was published. I sent a second letter asking the Guardian to publish the translation, as I was having a lot of stick from a certain friend who couldn’t read it, but with no luck. Hopefully Ian’s letter will change the letters editor’s mind.

The English version was as follows: “Thank you very much for the excellent editorial article which sang the praises of the Welsh language … Since you are now so enthusiastic about Welsh, may I, from now on, write to you in the language of heaven?”

Continue reading...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Now that Balatro’s on mobile, here are some tips to get started

Now that Balatro’s on mobile, here are some tips to get started Playstack Now that Balatro is out on mobile, I wanted to see what all th...