mercredi 1 mars 2023

Metroid Prime was astonishingly ahead of its time. I can’t put it down

Metroid Prime was astonishingly ahead of its time. I can’t put it down

Unlike a lot of throwbacks, a new remastered version of the 3D space adventure plays even better than it did two decades ago. Plus, your gaming questions answered

Welcome back to Pushing Buttons! First up – last week’s newsletter had a few errors in it. Most obviously, I referred to the Meta Quest 2 headset as the now-discontinued Oculus Go (even though I’d just been playing with the Quest 2, to compare it with PSVR2 – nice job, brain). I also gave some incorrect pricing info. A corrected version is on the Guardian site. Apologies for the mistakes.

I wrote a few weeks ago about how bringing games back from the 1990s can be a difficult exercise, given how technologically hamstrung developers were in the early 3D era. Replaying games from that period today requires a kind eye and a willingness to accept compromising quirks. But sometimes, you play a game from a decades ago and think, this might actually hit better now. Metroid Prime Remastered is one of those games. I’ve been unable to play anything else for weeks, since I downloaded it on a whim after February’s Nintendo Direct. This game was astonishingly ahead of its time. In fact, I didn’t appreciate it in 2003, when I was a teenager, as much as I do now.

Continue reading...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Apple Intelligence and a better Siri may be coming to iPhones this spring

Apple Intelligence and a better Siri may be coming to iPhones this spring Better Siri might be here by the spring. | Screenshot: YouTube ...